Dr. Nathaniel Christian
is married to the former Dora Mace of Vicksburg, Mississippi. They have three daughters, one son, four grandsons, three granddaughters and a son-in-law. He is a native of Deeson, Mississippi. He is the youngest of six siblings born to the late Carter Christian, Sr. and Maslean Christian.
He graduated from the American Baptist Seminary in Nashville, Tennessee with a Bachelors of Art Degree in Theology. He has a Bachelors of Art Degree in History from Mississippi Valley State University, a Masters of Science Degree in Sociology from Delta State University, and a Doctorate of Christian School Administration from Louisiana Baptist University.
He is currently the Pastor of Durant Missionary Baptist Church, Durant, Mississippi and Goodman Baptist Church, Goodman, Mississippi.
OTHER CAREER AFFILIATIONS:
- Teacher, J.Z. George High School, Carroll County School System
- United States Army Military Academ
- Alpha Kappa Mu, Mu Delta Chapter
- Thirty-Second Degree Mason & Shrine
- Member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. (Rho Gamma Lambda Chapter/Greenwood, MS)
- Phi Alpha Theta (Alpha Theta Theta Chapter)
- President of Central Mississippi Ministerial Alliance
- Lecturer, Biblical Studies, Congress of Christian Ed., National Baptist Convention, USA
- Moderator Holmes/Attala County - Mississippi Union District Association
- Owner and CEO of Genesis Daycare Learning Center, Durant, Mississippi
- Office of Disaster Management / Regional Director / National Baptist Convention, USA
- Continued Care Service Chaplin